Help! Please! $1,200 STOLEN & PAYPAL JUST SHRUGS !?!

Omnium_Gatherum
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Guys_

I could REALLY use your advise...

SOMEONE SKIMMED MY PAYPAL CARD, USED MY PIN, AND STOLE $1,200 IN ATM WITHDRAWLS!!!

AND NOW PAYPAL IS SAYING THEY WILL NOT HELP!

...What do I do???

:: Some Info ::

I started a small eBay business... got a Paypal Debit / Mastercard Card...  and recently made my biggest sale for $1,200!

But then, over the course of 3 days, someone made 3 FRAUDULENT ATM WITHDRAWLS for $400 each!

I was crushed!

I reported the theft within two days... and now after 3 calls to PayPal, they have responded 3 times saying:

"A review of your account shows that the account was being logged into from a verified device before, during, and after these transactions took place. The person using the PayPal Debit MasterCard® was aware of the account balance because funds were being received into the account and then immediately being taking from the ATM. The account holder is the only person that should have access to the PayPal account.

The pin was also used for these charges. As a Pin is a secure code that only the cardholder should know, these charges appear to be valid.

There is not sufficient evidence to support unauthorized use of the account. Our decision will remain."

WHAT THE **bleep**!?!?

I've responded saying that...

1.) Yes I WAS logged in... but I am always selling things on eBay... so I didn't notice that anything was wrong until $1,200 was missing.

2.) I'm the only one who should know my account balance? IT SAYS RIGHT ON THE BACK OF THE CARD "Call this number to get your balance"

3.) The pin was used to withdrawl the money? This is what REALLY worried me... Then I read about how people "skim" your card and get your pin number... Now OBVIOUSLY PayPal knows about how people do this too...

AND ALSO... These withdrawls were made in areas I NEVER GO...  and for amounts I NEVER EVER withdrawl myself...

In 14 years I've NEVER made $400 dollar withdrawls. Let alone 3 in a row!!!

IF ANYONE CAN OFFER ADVISE ON THIS, PLEASE TELL ME... WHAT DO I DO???

THANK YOU!

-

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Omnium_Gatherum
Contributor
Contributor

And another REALLY odd thing about all of this...

WHEN THESE WITHDRAWLS WERE MADE FROM THE ATM ** I GOT NO EMAILS ABOUT THEM.**

I get emails for EVERY withdrawl and purchase... But I'm positive I got NONE for these 3 transactions!

And Paypal has not responded anything about this fact... or even aknowledged it.

Any thoughts?.. anybody???

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

In order to withdraw from the ATM someone needed YOUR card and YOUR PIN.  How did someone get your card AND PIN?

If someone created a fradulent card from skimming your card, it means you used your ATM card for a pruchase or withdrawl at an ATM where a skimmer was installed.  So, review all your past locations where you used your card.  A skimmer would not get your PIN, so you need to review the security of your PIN.

Who else has physical access to your computer?

Where do your keep your ATM card?

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

ALSO DAILY limit of $400 is not breached,the scammer knows ,and it took 3 days to siphon off $1200.

look around,couldbe somone in your family,circle,relative,partner 

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Take it to the BBB.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Krispot2005
Contributor
Contributor
Hi this sounds so familiar in a way to me. On the same date 11-15-2016 at 5:10 pm my paypal authorized a transaction for 645.60 for 5 tickets to a kayne west concert in California for the 17th (today) I was shocked when I got the email I was working at the time and didn't even have internet access at the time u talked to ticket city who took the money and paypal they reassured me over and over my bank account wouldn't be touched but on the 17th today it was. I called paypal and demanded they put the money back asap. I must have got my point across when I mentioned my lawer because I was able to transfer the money as soon as i got off the phone. You need to call and demand an answer and solution. They can fix it and it's their fault. They are supposed to be secure but they aren't maybe only secure for the criminals to commit fraud!!! Best of luck hope you can get everything right.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.