Help, PayPal closed my Claim

Anastasia89
New Community Member

Guys, I need your help! I bought a gift card Whole Foods on the EBay for 300$. But it was less than$ 100. I wrote the seller 3 times but he never answered. Then I opened the dispute at PayPal, described the whole situation, it's been 20 days but Seller did not give any comment! Then PayPAL transferred the dispute to Claim after 10 more days, just shut it! Here's what they wrote: "After careful consideration, we're unable to decide this claim in your favor at this time.The item violates the PayPal Acceptable Use Policy. It's ineligible for PayPal Buyer Protection." What do I do?

Here's a link to the seller:

https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=skylarnetwork&myworld=true&items=25&...

it is clear that he sold all the cards the negative reviews! Why PayPal didn't even check?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Anastasia89

Paypal closed it as you were not covered by their purchase protection programme.

Ineligible items and transactions under PayPal’s Purchase Protection program

Payments for the following are not eligible for reimbursement under PayPal Purchase Protection:

• Real estate, including residential property.
  • Financial products or investments of any kind.
  • Businesses (when you buy or invest in a business).
  • Vehicles, including, but not limited to, motor vehicles, motorcycles, caravans, aircraft and boats.
  • Significantly Not As Described claims for custom-made items.
  • Donations including payments on crowdfunding platforms.
  • Items prohibited by the PayPal Acceptable Use Policy.
  • For Item Not Received claims, items which you collect in person or arrange to be collected on your behalf, including items bought in a seller’s store location.
  • Industrial machinery used in manufacturing.
  • Anything purchased from, or an amount paid to, a government agency.
  • Stored value items such as gift cards and pre-paid cards.
  • Gambling, gaming and/or any other activity with an entry fee and a prize.
  • Payments sent using PayPal’s friends and family functionality. 
  • Payments made using PayPal Payouts and Mass Pay or guest checkout transactions (i.e. not sent using your PayPal account).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

RedHeadsRule
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. It looks like the specific answer to why Paypal doesn't cover that claim was answered (although, you would think ebay would be aware of this and would not have kicked it over to them, if I'm understanding correctly what happened), but I was wondering one thing; I followed the link you provided and saw all of the negative reviews claiming fraud on his account over the past month and wondered if you, or anybody else, is taking legal action against the seller? Even if you can't, for some reason, sue him for the money, it seems as though there is a criminal case to be reported, doesn't it? Just wondering.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

this should be covered by Ebay ,has it been m ore than 30 days?

if so,file charegback with cc issuer

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.