Hackers attempt to withdrawl -$1,000 from my bank and Paypal covers it, then denies my claim

JohnWFul
Contributor
Contributor
Below are unauthorized transactions performed by hackers with all of my information. I was attacked by professional hackers and had to close my bank accounts and open new ones. I also filed a report with the CIA cybercrime division detailing what information I was able to obtain about the hackers. I contacted Paypal about these two transactions and asked why my Paypal balance is -$984.05- when I should have a $0.00 balance.

The customer service rep stated that Paypal COVERED the transaction attempt for $984.05 and I am therefore left with a negative balance of nearly -$1,000. They then stated that there is no out-of-the-ordinary activity on my account and therefore my claim against the unauthorized activity is denied. So, I am left with nearly negative -$1,000 in my paypal account because paypal decided to allow hackers with unauthorized paypal accounts in Non-US locations to have the money on credit at my expense. 

Transaction details
Payment sent to Tyrus
February 19, 2018 at 6:23:41 PM PST
Transaction ID: 55P60763L4279774W
Payment Status: CANCELLED
Payment Type: Personal Payment
Gross amount
-$283.00 USD

Your Payment
Gross Amount
-$283.00 USD
PayPal Fee
-$1.42 USD
Net Amount
-$284.42 USD

Contact info
Tyrus
<removed>

Transaction details
Payment sent to Bank Account
February 21, 2018 at 5:46:48 AM PST
Transaction ID: 1SR049397D757343H
Payment Status: COMPLETED

Gross amount
-$984.05 USD

Transaction Activity Details Gross amount Fee amount Net amount
Feb 10, 2018
Payment to Bank Account Details -$984.56 USD $0.00 USD -$984.56 USD
Feb 10, 2018
Refund from Bank Account Details $984.56 USD $0.00 USD $984.56 USD

Payment details
Gross Amount
-$984.05 USD
PayPal Fee
$0.00 USD
Net Amount
-$984.05 USD

Paid to
Bank Account
Funding details
Funding Type: Credit Card
Funding Source: -$984.05 USD - VISA
This transaction will appear on your bill as PAYPAL *IHC4J91CF8B

Funding Type: PayPal Balance
Funding Source: -$984.05 USD - PayPal Account

I received two payments from customers and I am UNABLE to fulfill their orders. Why? My Paypal balance is negative because Paypal funded $984.05 to hackers with non-us non-verified accounts and then DENIES my claim against the transactions of course!

My current Paypal balance:

Available
-$767.15 USD

Why is Paypal so amazingly negligent of customer care? Obviously, hell will freeze over before I make any payments to Paypal until this issue is resolved. I pull in over $10,000 each year with my growing side-business and Paypal representatives are so blind to the outright blatant attempts to steal money that they allow the hackers to have their way, on credit, at my expense. What kind of worthless business protocols are in place here? I can't even fathom.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

JohnWFul
Contributor
Contributor

Update: Paypal reversed the hacked transaction and I no longer have a negative balance.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.