HELP ME FAST!!

Lauknesi
Contributor
Contributor
So basically I mod on call of duty / gta and someone sent me some $ to give them modded cars on GTA which I came through and they're telling PayPal I scammed them and it was an accidental send. Will I have to refund them now? Or is there anyway I can get around this. This has happened a few times today and it's getting so irritating. Also if I don't refund them can PayPal freeze my account? And I'm scared because my mom uses PayPal too so would they just freeze all of the accounts that are on my IP or what? Please help
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lauknesi

There is no seller protection for virtual items on paypal, you can sell them but at your own risk.

If paypal confirms it was an unauthorised purchase then yes you would need to refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It could even shut down your account if your buyers keep filing dispute,you become a high risk customer to serve. 

if you owe Paypal money and they think you and your mother are the same person,it could take the money from her account.

or shut her down as well

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Here is a reference of what can happen when you have disptutes, which are restricted activities.  PayPal CAN close you account.

You need to handle buyer disptues before a dispute is filed.

You operate with too much risk for PayPal.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full#restricted-activities

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.