Green dot Money pak issues

traveler1
New Community Member

I bought a Green dot money pak card in a very unpleasant situation. Now I would like to get my money back out of the card. What are my options. Per previous postings, I can't deposit it then withdraw it.

Now even depositing it into my paypal account is worrying me since at one point it asks for the SS number (and at that point it's not papal website, its green dot) stating that paypal requires it???!!!. On top of that, the "this site is secure"  link at the bottom of the webpage is dead (https://seal.thawte.com/thawtesplash?form_file=fdf/thawtesplash.fdf&dn=WWW.MONEYPAK.COM&lang=en). So how can this be a company that paypal deals with.

So please tell me what to do, give my information to a company that has a website that may not be secure because paypal is partnering with them?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_AshleyP

Hi traveler1,

I would be happy to address your Green Dot MoneyPak concerns.

The Green Dot MoneyPak works as a cash top-up card. Meaning that once you purchase it at a participating retailer with cash, you can then use it to reload prepaid cards, add money to a PayPal account or make same-day payments to major companies.

PayPal requires you to provide your name, address, date of birth and Social Security Number in order for Green Dot to verify your identity before you can use the MoneyPak to add money to your PayPal account. Green Dot will collect, verify and record this information on behalf of PayPal and will not use this information for a credit check or marketing purposes.

If you feel uncomfortable providing this information, you can request a refund from Green Dot here. Please note that it can take 7-10 business days for that refund check to be delivered to you.

-AshleyPHeart

If you found my reply helpful, please accept it as a solution. Thanks!
Login to Me Too

RayR36
New Community Member

Green Dot Corp of Pasadena, Calif, has thousands of better business bureau complaints filed against them-- see

http://www.bbb.org/losangelessiliconvalley/business-reviews/prepaid-debit-credit-cards/green-dot-cor...

do not use their product or certainly do not give them any personal information;

Green Dot's refund process is extremely convoluted and usually results in them keeping your money;

i'm surprised that PayPal, an otherwise legitimate company, does business with Green Dot,

surely PayPal's complaint files are full of Green Dot cases

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.