Greatly disappointed in PayPal

SoniMax
Contributor
Contributor

I am greatly disappointed with PayPal's policy on disputes. They kept transferring me and now are telling me they can't/won't help me in my dispute.

PayPal and Ebay can't seem to decide who is going to try to help me with this and I keep being told to contact the other's customer service.

The claim I had opened here on PayPal was because the seller I bought from was suspended on Ebay and I could not contact him to see if he would be able to send me the item.

I opened the claim because I thought the seller was gone and would not send me the item. When I opened the claim on PayPal in February, the seller finally responded to my emails and said he would be able to send me my item within the expected  delivery date, which was 5-12 March.

When the seller told me he would be able to send me the item, he told me to close the claim.

When 5-12 March came I wrote to the seller and he told me he would need a bit more time.

Now, 2 days ago the seller sent me an email telling me he will not be able to send me the laptop after all. I contacted Ebay first and I was told to contact PayPal. After that PayPal told me to contact Ebay. Now Ebay is telling me to contact PayPal again. And, now, finally, PayPal is telling me they cannot help me when the case has been closed. 

I read in few topics that a closed case can be appealed and reopened when new information is provided.

I see it as very convincing new information that the seller says he will not be able to fulfill his end of the deal after claiming he will, which caused the claim to be closed in the first place. 

The dispute is not over some insignificant sum. It is about an item that costed 1047.99 EURpayp.png

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

pwhite56
New Community Member

WOW...how were you even able to find their phone # to talk with a live person?  Messages keep telling me that's available on the upper right hand of my screen.  It isn't.  This site is the most unfriendly nightmare/LACK of customer service I've ever seen.

Login to Me Too

SoniMax
Contributor
Contributor
Takes a lot of time trying to catch a chat customer support assistant
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michelle

Hello @SoniMax,

I want to say how genuinely sorry I am for your experience. It is true that closing a dispute nullifies our ability to offer buyer protection because it is assumed that the buyer and seller resolved the issue, and the buyer accepts responsibility. We strongly advise to not close a dispute until the item is received for this reason as it allows us to monitor and take action when necessary. 

If eBay suspends an account, they have to have a very good reason to do so. In situations a seller is fraudulent, they will press the buyer to cancel the dispute because we hold the money while a dispute is opened. Once closed, the hold is lifted and they have the option to use the money. However, we do take reports of fraud very seriously, and I would encourage you to contact us on Twitter or Facebook so our support can look into this for you to see if an exception to policy is an option. 

Again, my sincere apologies and I hope this information helps. 

Thank you,

Michelle

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.