Got scammed on Ebay buying an item, payment went through in Paypal, now what?

fatima_romero
Contributor
Contributor

I opened a case on Ebay over three video game consoles I bought from the same guy. I got a message from ebay after buying that he was a hacked account to they canceled the order but my money (209.46 GBP or around 300 USD) was stuck in pending on paypal. I hit CANCEL and went back to my home page and it was in pending still without the cancel option. Few days pass and just now the payment goes through. Until now I could not go through Ebay because their system considered the sale as non payment. So now I open a case but they only let me do it for ONE single console, not the 3 I bought. So I hit cancel and try to open again for a case for all 3. Cant open cases after you close them.

So what the hell do I do now?

Ebay and Paypal have both failed me. Ebay has a god awful resolution center that prevented me for almost a week in opening case since the money was in pending, paypal let me cancel but it stayed in pending for almost a week until it goes through, ebay then fails me again in only letting me open a case for a single console and not all 3 and not letting me re-open the case for all 3 this time.

Unbelievable. What do I do now?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

phoop007
Contributor
Contributor

I have the exact same issue, bought two items from the same seller and instantly realized it had to be a scam, I canceled through paypal. Sure enough, a couple of hours later, ebay notified me that I purchased form a comprised account. My refund has been pending for 3 days so I called ebay and they said that I had never paid. Maybe I shouldnt have cancelled it through paypal.

Did you have any update on the return?

I am out $280 USD

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.