Getting a full refund from an undocumented "non-refundable" deposit?

ljensen1
Contributor
Contributor
Someone was offering several custom Breyer horses for sale that were portraits of "Endo the Blind." I purchased one at the sale price of $150GBP, and paid time payments up to $155.15USD on it. I was told the first payment was non-refundable, but it was not noted any where on the sales slip. Now I have come to find out the seller is a cheater, liar, and a fraud. They did NOT have permission from Endo's owner to market and profit from sales of his likeness. They were told very explicitly to cease and desist and they did NOT. I have now asked for a full refund of the $155.15 and have been told that I will not be getting my deposit back. I was also forced to pay half the payments by "Friends and Family" under the false pretense that his PayPal was somehow "broken" when in reality he was dodging service fees. Several other people who ordered a horse from him, just flat out never received it. He took their money and ran. Do I have any chance in Hell for PayPal rightfully finding this in my favor and getting my full refund back? Recompense for all the time wasted and stressed caused would be nice too.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

ljensen1
Contributor
Contributor
‎Nov-08-2017 01:12 PM Re: PayPal USA Community Chat 11/8 - Open ljensen1 wrote: I purchased an item that became an issue of copyright infringement, and thus cancelled my order and asked for a full refund. I was refused part of it due to being a "non-refundable deposit" that was never documented on the PayPal payment. Given the illegality of the product to begin with, would I be able to successfully win back the deposit if I filed a claim? --------------- Hi , Was the deposit sent through PayPal? If so, you can definitely open a case against it. You can find details on how to file a dispute here. If it was not done through PayPal, the only other option would be to reach out to your bank or credit card company to see what options they may have. Hope this helps! - Ashley M ---------------- @ashleym ‎I am not sure if I did this right, but these are my current disputes: PP-D-5572453 for £28.59 GBP, PP-D-5572451 for £26.00 GBP, PP-D-5572450 for £26.00 GBP, PP-D-5572449 for £32.81 GB ------------ I hope to get it all back from that fraudulent idiot.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.