Geekbuying is a scammer! No action from Paypal!

keryo
Contributor
Contributor

I bought a smartphone on Dec. 25th. Two weeks after complaining no shipping has been confirmed, they finally sent me a tracking number but never registered on Singapore Post. One week later they sent me new tracking number...for a product sent to India (I live in Europe). They recognized a mistake but ask me to wait for the product to come back to them from India and then they will refund me!!!! 

I complained to Paypal, they quickly received a tracking number from Geekbuying...the same they sent me the first time which still doesn't appear on Singapore Post and which, they told me later, was not good!!!!! I wrote Paypal to explain. No answer from them.

Conclusion: Geekbuying are scammers (I have read many similar stories), Paypal allows them to use their payment system, customers think they are safe with Paypal but they don't take any relevant action when something wrong happen. This is not the Paypal I used to know but it is still time to correct.

Login to Me Too
23 REPLIES 23

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@keryo

So did you open a dispute for non receipt of item?

When they supplied the incorrect tracking number did you escalate the dispute to a claim?

Has the claim been decided in the sellers favour or no decision been made yet?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

keryo
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I opened a dispute (escalated the claim to Paypal) a few days ago. Paypal can also read the history on their platform of the conversation I had with Geekbuying.

I escalated the claim when Geekbuying sent me a new tracking number and when I saw this parcel had been shipped to a wrong country.

The claim has not been solved yet but I don't see any reaction from Paypal. When they contacted Geekbuying, they send them the first tracking number. I immediately explained to Paypal but they didn't reacted further and there is no way to contact them.

Geekbuying is playing the time. When there is a claim for late shipment they send any tracking number. When it doesn't work, they send another one shipped to another country then they ask to be patient because, they say, they need to get the good back from the wrong recipient.

If their is no proof my good has been shipped, I should be refunded. Almost one month have past since my order when they promised to ship within one week. Paypal should keep it simple: No proof of shipping then refund.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

if you lose,then appeal.

But I think you should win,tracking has to show it has been delivered to your address in Europe.

Is the company in India or Singapore?  

Login to Me Too

keryo
Contributor
Contributor

Geekbuying is chinese "company"

Login to Me Too

Victor36
New Community Member
They send you a semi fake tracking number (which means they payed for a shipping label, use this number for several "costumers" to show an tracking which will not évolue) As 30% or more don't get refund, just because they don't raise dispute, means it's a all win SCAM strategy from geekbuying Of course they also send enough to maintain their business and doubt No issue with aliexpress, i don't even have to use PayPal with them. Trust
Login to Me Too

gpevets
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same problem, called to PayPal they promissed to solve everything and in a couple of days I received a message from them confirming that they will credit amount to me within 5 days. Also there is a way to return your money by contacting your bank, from which account or plastic card you made a payment to PayPal/Geekbuying

Login to Me Too

keryo
Contributor
Contributor

This is the kind of people they are at Geekbuying. They sent me thi:

"sorry for the inconvenience caused to you,it is our mistake to send your item to a wrong country ,our colleague Cindy is a young girl and she will chat with hundreds of customer in one time ,so she may make some mistake ,hope you can understand ,if you don't forgive her ,she may be lost this job or not allow to get her payoff in time ,as you know ,the Chinese New Year is coming ,and if she may have no money to get reunion with her family members due to lack of money ,hope you can understand ,if you accept waiting ,we will give you some free gift or give you a coupon which you can buy a product in our website next time ,sorry again for the trouble we bring to you"

This is disgusting!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@keryo

Does not matter what the company says all paypal will look at is the tracking number and if that does not prove delivery of the item to your address you should win.

Paypal normally give the seller about 10 days and then they review / refund within 48 hours later but it may be a bit longer if the transaction is international.

You won't hear anything from paypal until they have reviewed and / or refunded.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

No one can protect you from your poor judgment.

Chinese sellers have bad reputation,buyer beware.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.