From China

Mrfish1
Contributor
Contributor

I've bought an item on ebay UK from a seller in the Ukraine, after paying they stated they couldn't post it that day as the post office was still on holiday, and they said they would post it after the weekend. On receiving a tracking code from them the item  it is being shipped direct from China, which to me screams fake. 

How do I stand regarding this as the item was stated as located in the Ukraine and the seller inferred they had it to post, which is just plain false statements. The annoying thing is the item I've purchased was due to the ethical and humane way the garments are produced, yet I'm not sure if even a decent Chinese copy will follow these principals, and it's not like it was a bargain price and I should have known better, because it wasn't, it was just the size and colour combination I wanted. 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It is called dropshipping,unless you inquire ahead of time or it is stated in the Ebay listing where the item is located,not much you can do.

then if you file a dispute on ebay or paypal,you will be given an address to return the item,what would that be?

You dont know until you get the instructions to return.

Login to Me Too

Mrfish1
Contributor
Contributor

If its a fake/copy can city claim using PayPal protectionpr

It never mentioned in the description it was from China, it said located in the Ukraine. 

Paul. 

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

All you can do is follow PayPal policies for a dispute.

Review PayPal policies to determine what qualifies.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.