Friend got hacked and our transactions are being disputed

ChileanBoy93
New Community Member

A few weeks ago my friend lost access to his PayPal account and shortly after that I noticed a lot of transactions between us were suddenly being disputed. Things like money for a videogame I bought him in real life or a controller, or amiibo, or whatever. It added up to a lot of money and I know the disputes were fraudulent because it was literally just money exchanged between friends, so I disputed the claim and wrote pretty much what I'm typing here to PayPal. Just now I finally got a response back saying they ruled in "his" favor, despite his account being hacked, and closed the case on me, leaving my account with a heavy negative balance. It's started to affect some of our other friends too, who he's given money to over PayPal. I'm just so frustrated that they wouldn't be able to do more in this situation and don't really know what to do. I can't even close my account because of the negative balance and refuse to simply add funds for money I should have never lost. 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.