Fraudulent email?

MMAchic4Life
New Community Member

Hey guys,

i recievedit card bills and yet  an email say9ing that a charge was made to purchase an iphone that i did not purchase. I double checked my credit crards and don't see the 950$ charge. is this a phishing email trying to get me to share info? or am in a bad spot where my CC will be charged? 

thanks for your help. 

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

What are the details of your PayPal transaction for this item?

If not PayPal, then what are the transcation details on you un-named credit card account?

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Check the email you received for the sender email address and see if it look suspicious.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

capesaint66
New Community Member

This just happened to me today. Sender's email is ****this forum will not let me post it*** Merchant name is Allie.Xy. Charge is over 2K but no activity appears on my legit Paypal account or on my linked bank account. There is a link in the email (a button, actually) labeled "Dispute a Transaction" and allows 24 hours for me to address the charge. Also, the way the date is written, as follows, "For your purchase on December,20 2017" for me the whole thing just doesn't add up- I can't get a response from Paypal via chat- I started trying to contact them this morning & they haven't  responded. Anyways I hope it's phishig because I'll be damned if I'm going to click that butto 😞 Any thoughts? TIA

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

send email to <removed> and it will tell you if it is from Paypal

Login to Me Too

capesaint66
New Community Member

Thank you!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Whac-A-Mole,

I see that there was some difficulty in getting the forum to accept the email you're trying to post. That's because no email addresses are allowed to be posted in the community except for spoof@paypal.com. Sorry for any frustration you experienced!

Hi @capesaint66,

Please make sure that the email is forwarded to spoof@paypal.com instead, as the one that was presented earlier is a typo.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.