Fraudulent company--took monet, no delivery

lesr
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered one else item and the company somegow charged me for 4. But worse than that ( because they said there were returns) the company did not deliver, does not respond, has no contact info except an email that spits out canned responses once every 10 emails and I believe does not even exist. I have the Web company exploring this and paypal making a claim but no response from them to resolve, if course. Do I have any way of getting my money back? Even the "corporate" name they file under does not respond. Do you know if a bank will help? I will not use PayPal ever again but only credit card. Not paypal's fault--I missed the signs. But does anyone have any ideas on how I can get my $96 back? Does paypal actually refund for fraudulent companies? They are investigating but not answering this question
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lesr

If the company does not provide a tracking number to say that you received the item then you should get your money back under paypals buyer protection.

Make sure you escalate the dispute to a claim when you get that option and then if the seller does not respond or refund within xxx amount of time paypal would refund you under buyer protection. Then once they have got you your refund you can stop using them.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lesr

If the company does not provide a tracking number to say that you received the item then you should get your money back under paypals buyer protection.

Make sure you escalate the dispute to a claim when you get that option and then if the seller does not respond or refund within xxx amount of time paypal would refund you under buyer protection. Then once they have got you your refund you can stop using them.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

lesr
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you! It has been escalated to a claim...paypal actually got right on it. They said the company has 5 days to respond ( which is today) but they didn't say what would happen then. They did say the company has not responded yet. I appreciate your answer. Feel better knowing I will get a refund
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lesr

Once the deadline has been reached paypal will review / refund within 48 hours of the deadline.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

lesr
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you!! This "company" is a nightmare. I am usually pretty savvy but they got me this time. Glad to hear Paypal will protect frI'm sellers like this
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

find that Paypal transaction and file 'item not received' dispute and escalateto get Paypal review.

or if you pay with credit card,file chargeback with your cc issuer.

be careful buying here and there on internet,lots of scams  .

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.