Fraudulent Credit Card Charge - but not on PayPal Acct

Shelley919
New Community Member

There is a charge on my credit card for $949.99 and it says it's from "PAYPAL *AINAFF." This charge is not on my PayPal account and this credit card isn't even tied to my PayPal account. So I stopped the chrage with my credit card company, but feel the need to let someone know that there is obviously someone out there using the PayPal name to commit fraud. Wasn't sure what else I could do, other than post here.

Thank you!

Capture.JPG

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

essiescott
Contributor
Contributor

MIne was for $500 on my son's credit card made to Westiefound (who ever that may be).  I have tried to call  Paypal, but after waiting over an  hour a couple times I have hung up.  Have notified the credit card company, but still not a good thing at all.  PayPal should have more customer service reps and not have to enter your account info-especially when it isn't even tied to your paypay account.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

This is the way a purchase transaction is listed on your credit card statement when you use the credit card to make an in-person purchase whenthe merchant uses PayPal Here card reader or another point of sale system using PayPal.

It would also appear when youmake an online purchase directly using the credit card.

If you or someone else didn't make a purchase with the card then it was likely fraudulent.  You need to phone your credit card bank as soon as possible to dispute.  The credit card bank will review to determine if you made the purchase or not.  You need to review your own security of your credit cards, both manually and online.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.