Fraud

suculento25
New Community Member

I am more than **bleep** off with PayPal's security. I removed my previous card from PayPal because of fraud. I also deleted my account. I opened a new account and added a different card and now I noticed another fraudulent charge. Has anyone experienced the same issue? I have no other way to receive money from eBay, so what do I do? Should I just use one of the debit cards sold at supermarkets?  

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Why do you think PayPal caused the problem with your credit card?

What credit card?

What bank?

Were all card and bank accounts removed from your previous PayPal account?

Why not investigate what really happened with the strange charges?

Login to Me Too

tcoblvnv
New Community Member

This has now happened twice to my paypal account. I removed and requested new card from bank. UBER was the payee. Nothing received from UBER about a transaction or charge that happened on the day after Mothers Day...May 15th...funny I was working the whole day.

Uber does not even show the transaction on my app or account...but PAYPAL has a transaction for activity on that day. Put in a dispute for this amount...but getting very tired of having to watch PAYPAL transactions. Something is slipping through their security somehow. 

I will now cancel my card again and do not think that I will use PAYPAL for any further purchases because every time it seems to become compromised when it becomes linked to PAYPAL. 

The only other connection would be ANDROID PAY that is used by UBER...but this was not the case the first time.

Login to Me Too

JESMIMEN
Contributor
Contributor
I have been having issues with fraud with paypal as well. Even after reporting to them the charges were fraudulent paypal allows the transactions to be made. I tried closing my Paypal account to stop this and their solution was to make it so my account cannot be closed. I have been searching the forums and this seems to be a running theme with paypal. Maybe Paypal should have a class action lawsuit filed against them or something.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It sounds like security is loose on your end,either Uber has a leak or your cell phone security.

look for malware on your cell phone.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

PC is safer,but eversince I start downloading music from Itunes,I get emails saying Ihave bought this and that from Apple store.

now I am getting emails with attached pdf files asking me to open them?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.