Fraud

mikedavid0
New Community Member

I sold an item through ebay.  payment was received through paypal.  I shipped the item to the verified address provided by ebay/paypal.  the buyer then used USPS package intercept to reroute the package to another address.  buyer filed an unauthorized transaction case, i then lose the merchandise and the $.  I sent the item to the address provided, so I should be covered under Seller Protection.  Not only that but then paypal charges me $20 for a chargeback.  worked with ebay to get the final value fee credited back to my account but ultimately I'm getting **bleep** since i cannot get the merchandise back and the money was removed from my account.  Cant believe this is the process and result.  Been using ebay/paypal since they started, ebay member since 1999.  Someone please help.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mikedavid0

If you were charged a fee then it was a chargeback done directly via the buyers credit card company and they make all the decisions and not Paypal.

Normally however you should be protected by seller protection so if i were you i would phone customer services and state that as you met all the requirements of seller protection can you be reimbursed.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.