Fraud

esdrasportillo
Contributor
Contributor
Hello,

I have purchased a MacBook for £1999.99 on Ebay.com on 4th October of 2017  using a guest account from Paypal but instead of a MacBook, I received a lipstick from the seller.

As soon as I bought the item I asked the seller to send me the tracking number for the postage several times over days. I didn't receive the item on the expected date and then contacted Paypal over their Customer Center telephone number and explained the situation and that the seller was not answering my messages.

After that, I received a package that was a lipstick and got in touch with Paypal via their Customer Center phone and explained that the seller sent me a lipstick instead of a MacBook, they asked me to go to the police station and report the fraud and send them the official report from the police station via fax.

I went to the police station on the same day, explained everything to the officer and got the official report from them but when I tried to send them the fax it did not work, so I called Paypal again and one of their agents told me that I could send it through an email.   I then sent an email to the email account the agent provided me with the attachment, I received an automatic email saying this email does not accept any attachments and contacted them over the Resolution Center again, they provided me with another email and a URL link to upload the attachment.

I did that and received a message from them saying they were waiting for the seller to answer them and would make a decision in two days. After five days they contacted me late at night saying that I lost the dispute as the seller sent them proof that he shipped the item to me.

I rang PayPal the next day morning and realized they were very disorganized, they weren't aware of the police report I sent them days before and they thought my claim was that I never received anything, what changes the claim because I have received instead of the MacBook, a lipstick.

I called PayPal the same day at night to check if they attached the police report to my dispute and surprisingly they have not attached again the document! The agent guaranteed me that he would attach the document again.

Tonight I received a new email from PayPal saying that I lost the appeal because I did not send them the documents "within the specified timeframe" which does not surprise me as they kept losing somehow this document.

Is there anything I can do now? Is there a high-level investigation I should appeal?

Even a very light investigation would work:
1 - Why he doesn't reply me on eBay if he is honest?
2 - Why he never sent me the tracking number?
3 - Why other buyers gave negative feedback for the same product?

This seller is probably receiving more than one dispute against him and PayPal manages to decide the claim in his favor.

Best regards,

Esdras.
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.