Fraud that paypal won't help with

Raquel7
New Community Member
I purchased a phone from a seller who asked me to pay via PayPal friends and family. My item never came. PayPal gave me the sellers phone number I called him and asked him to return my money. He hung up and will not answer any calls or texts. I went through the resolution center which is cumbersome, called and spoke to several people. They said they would update my dispute to a claim. The SAME DAY the investigation was over and they said they couldn't do anything about it because of the way that I paid. I have been with PayPal for a long time. Ive had a great track record paying and customer service up till now. They know this guy robbed me, and they won't do anything about it. They should do what is right and charge back the "seller" What other recourse do I have?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

if you pay with a credit card,do a  chargeback.

Your cc issuer does not care if the charge is goods and services Or friends and family.

When Paypal received the chargeback notice,it will notify your seller a chargeback has been filed and withhold the sum in his Paypal account until it is resolved.

If he cant prove he has shipped you the item,he will lose and be slapped with a $20 chargeback fee.

did the selller offer you a discount if you uses friend and family?

if you use Paypal fund,then you are out of luck!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

if you pay with a credit card,do a  chargeback.

Your cc issuer does not care if the charge is goods and services Or friends and family.

When Paypal received the chargeback notice,it will notify your seller a chargeback has been filed and withhold the sum in his Paypal account until it is resolved.

If he cant prove he has shipped you the item,he will lose and be slapped with a $20 chargeback fee.

did the selller offer you a discount if you uses friend and family?

if you use Paypal fund,then you are out of luck!

Login to Me Too

Raquel7
New Community Member
Yes, he did. How do i do a chargeback?
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

so you paid with a credit card,who is he?

find the cc statement and follow instructions on how to file,these days you can do it online if they have a website.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.