Fraud and no other options

rubioftheend
Contributor
Contributor

Someone has been using my mother's credit card with Paypal and has been using my email address and real name, what do I do!? P.S. I had file a report and the only thing they told me was to close her account yet it's still happening! Is there any way other than closing it?

We consider to call Paypal but me and my mother refused to give them our credit card number, so please tell me if there are any other options!Smiley Sad

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

rubioftheend
Contributor
Contributor

You'll have to talk with the paypal people about that because I don't know if you can make multiple accounts. My email is

the one that the **bleep** is using now that I use to sign up last month and the situation started 2 months ago! AND WHY ON EARTH WOULD I USE MY OWN MOTHERS NAME AND CREDIT CARD!? I actually have a good job with good pay to have MY OWN card and I CLEARLY wouldn't use my own mothers name for this account!

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Well, you never explained how your mother's credit card is really linked to this situation and how that relates to your PayPal account and bank account.

Login to Me Too

rubioftheend
Contributor
Contributor

I have no idea either. All I know is someone is using MY MOTHERS credit card and is using my NAME AND EMAIL and the letters say PAYPAL: [GAME TITLE]. 

Login to Me Too

rubioftheend
Contributor
Contributor

Just learned I can't because the guy's is still using it with my name and email address and the bank will only know it's in my name. 

Login to Me Too

rubioftheend
Contributor
Contributor

I have no Idea, and that's why we're gonna close it on Monday. They probably saw my name and email address on Facebook since that's the only place that is shown. When we received a letter from the bank it specifically said, " PAYPAL: OVER THE MOON" and so yeah it was an online puchase maybe, and when we asked the guy who bought it, he said it was me when it obviously wasn't! It was probably for some stupid games or something. This is the best I can answer.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@rubioftheend wrote:

I have no Idea, and that's why we're gonna close it on Monday. They probably saw my name and email address on Facebook since that's the only place that is shown. When we received a letter from the bank it specifically said, " PAYPAL: OVER THE MOON" and so yeah it was an online puchase maybe, and when we asked the guy who bought it, he said it was me when it obviously wasn't! It was probably for some stupid games or something. This is the best I can answer.

so where does your mother's credit card come into the picture?

Login to Me Too

rubioftheend
Contributor
Contributor

I HAVE NO IDEA! And the reason it's says PAYPAL is exactly why I'm here!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.