Fraud and no other options

rubioftheend
Contributor
Contributor

Someone has been using my mother's credit card with Paypal and has been using my email address and real name, what do I do!? P.S. I had file a report and the only thing they told me was to close her account yet it's still happening! Is there any way other than closing it?

We consider to call Paypal but me and my mother refused to give them our credit card number, so please tell me if there are any other options!Smiley Sad

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Call the number on th back of the card to report fraud.

Login to Me Too

rubioftheend
Contributor
Contributor

I already reported it like it said in the message and the only thing they told me was to close it because I can't ask for an investigation because the **bleep** using my mom's card is also using my full real name and email address.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I'm confused.  How can somone else use your mother's credit card with PayPal.  How does your name fit into this transactions?

Specifically, what is the transaction in question?  What is the seller? Was it an online purchase?  How was your mother's credit card actually used for the transaction?

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

are you using your mother's credit card with your PAYPAL account?

if you report the card lost or stolen,then no one can use it.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

do you mean someone is using your real name and email address to open a PAYPAL account and link your mother's credit card to it?

and what is your name and email address of YOUR Paypal account?  

Login to Me Too

rubioftheend
Contributor
Contributor

Yes! that is exactly it! and because I still don't trust the people of this site i won't  tell you my name and I can't include my email adress in this message because of Paypal guidelines.

Login to Me Too

rubioftheend
Contributor
Contributor

I just recently join Paypal last month for this problem that happened two months ago!

Who do I report to tell them I lost it?

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Who lost what?

What does you mother have do do with your losing something?

Why not start over and give the real details chronologically?

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I dont need your name and email address,

We just want to know if someone can open an account with your name and emal address,since PAYPAL does not allow duplicate email address ,what  your email address did you use to open a Paypal account?

DONT TELL ME YOU OPEN AN ACCOUNT USING YOUR MOTHER NAME AND MOTHER CREDIT CARD????

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.