Fraud / Scams UseNet

Renoaku
Contributor
Contributor

Back on November 27 2016, I signed up for a free 2 week trial of Usenet, which is supposed to be used to hide web-traffic, and make things anonymous like a private web service / file sharing / news groups...

Basically the service did not work as described, so I cancel by sending them an Email, and cancel through PayPal as well on Nov,29,2016, now basically they have been harassing me and sending a claim to collections saying I owe them first like $120 I think it was, and now saying I owe $179.46 on services which have not been provided because I cancel, uninstalled their software, and notifed them as per their Terms OF Use, but they never sent confirmation of Cancellation so basically they never cancel it as they should have.

I got another letter in the mail the same copy I can provide here which basically says I Owe them $172, and every day they keep driving up the price and harassing me asking me to pay for a so called contract they did not cancel, and say that I Charged back, when there was no Charge-Back...

They also provided me a PayPal email to send them money to a collections department...

I understand outside Terms OF Use / Terms OF Service, do not apply to PayPal, but how can PayPal, make sure this doesn't happen to other people who sign up for a 2 week trial of this service and people start getting harassed by them because they don't cancel it when asked to and then keep increasing prices saying a person Owes that much money, even when I originally said I would pay the $99 just to close any disputes, and resolve it...

I contacted them back at the latest email their collection department sent me, and haven't yet got a reply.

http://imgur.com/a/ezmjv

Any advise to this, think they are actually going to get Lawyers over $100 when they should have cancel it as per their own Terms OF Use, or are they just trying to scam me and I shouldn't pay anything like everyone else is telling me not to?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I think you need to look at the terms of service when you signed up for UseNet.  Then you need to gather your documentation of correspondence you had with UseNet and get them to fix the problem.  

There is nothing on your PayPal account, so it's not a PayPal issue.

It's between you and UseNet and looks like the problem is getting worse until you can make the right contacts at UseNet.

Login to Me Too

Renoaku
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks I have tried to get in touch with them by email, and all they keep doing is asking me to pay the amount and keep raising the price from $100, up to  $160 or so dollars now and demanding I pay for something that was cancelled, but they claim it was not (Paypal has record that it was cancelled.) and this company claims they didn't get my cancellation notice in email and keeps telling me to pay up to avoid more charges (They can't charge me anyways.) and are adding invisible money which doesn't exist to a service I am not using...

Does PayPal allow companies to do harassment to people after cancel of a service, I spoke to them on the phone, and they said there was a way to file a grievance report on the people who are selling this service, I have never had to do this before, but I honestly do not feel like paying a company from another country over $150 because they claim I owe money for a product they failed to cancel, or address the fact that their cancellation method isn't really good and easy to not actually cancel if email is lost or not read, heck I didn't even know anything about this until like 2 months after because they sent me emails and I don't read my email and believed the service to be cancel.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.