Fraud - How Long does it take for money to be returned?

gabreilworld
Contributor
Contributor

Sunday - Started receiving e-mails in French from Paypal that I was the seller sending three (3) individual payments of $300.00 each to my Paypal. Attempted to login but hacker changed my password. So, next I changed my password. Attempted online dispute, but couldn't because automated message stated I was the seller claiming unauthorized charges - very clever hacker. Called the automated line and submitted unauthorized charge dispute on each transaction. By Tuesday Paypal confirmed and agreed charges unauthorized and money would be returned to my bank account. However, also by Tuesday each transaction processed my bank account and was withdrawn. Two days later (today/Thursday) the money has not been sent back to my bank account. What is the hold up? How much longer must I suffer?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

June0227
Contributor
Contributor

It can take 3-5 days for you to see action on something like this. Since you reported it and as PayPal has acknowledged it, its just a matter of a few days before you see the results. Be patient and be thankful you didn't actually lose anything of value!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.