Forwarding companies - Buyer Protection

trball92
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

If I order an item from an Online UK store, worth between £1500-£2000, pay by credit card on their website, and use a package forwarding company to ship it to Eastern Europe (because the retailer only accepts UK addresses), am I covered by Buyer Protection if I pay the package forwarder by Paypal?

In case the item got lost in transit somewhere, am I covered by Paypal?

I would love to make this purchase but I am a bit worried.

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

buyer protection will protect you if it is not delivered to the shipping address in the Paypal payment notice,which is UK forwarder.

not Eastern Europe.

if item is damaged in transit,it should make no difference where it ends up,UK or EE,you have 180 days to file item not as described.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

if you file item not as described with Paypal when it arrives at your home damaged,i would not broadcast that it has been forwarded from UK to EE,your UK seller may seek insurance from local shipper.if local shipper find out it has been forwarded,it could deny her claim.

also if item not as descrived,you would be asked to return the item back to UK vendor with tracking and signature.    

Login to Me Too

trball92
Contributor
Contributor

I would mainly be interested if the item gets lost in transit, not if it arrives different to described. Since it's a boxed very well secured, and the retailer is very trustworthy.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

if it gets lost from the UK forwarder to you,then the vendor is not involved,you havet to work with your forwarder,they should have insurance or you ask them to insure the package

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.