False Charge back Settlement and charged

daslayerdude
New Community Member

Recently i got a charge back settlement for unauthorized transaction and it went through returned the money and chaged me the money and $20 free which pput me $45 in the negative so this obviously was false because i stream on youtube and made a donate button for funding on equipment, but i had to put a bank account to accept the payment so it was sitting there then a while later i was disputed for chargeback, so i contacted the person who sent it and he said a family member disputed all his charges to everything. so now what do i do if i'm $45 dollars into the negative because of false chargeback? are they just going to get away with it?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You are not in a position to evaluate a chargeback; that decsion is solely between PayPal and the credit card payment service.

Furthermore, you have no seller protection for virual items and you have no online proof of delivery.  You did not qualify for seller protection.

You should evaluate whether or not you want to continue to use PayPal for virtual items; if you do, just plan for some losses.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

every time a buyer files chargeback with his cc issuer and win,you pay a penalty fee of $20 to the cc issuer .

if yu continue to use Paypal to accept payment for streaming,you will see dispute and chargebacks.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.