Fake Google / Unauthorized Charges

temp20180406
New Community Member

PayPal is ignoring fraudulent charges marked Googleplay.  Google's website says their charges will appear with the GOOGLE in all caps and with the name of the app or whatever the charge is for. The paypal rep said this was not true.   I told the paypal rep I suspected this charge was fraud.  Paypal would not tell me what the charge was for, they just said I had to contact google.  Not helpful at all.  I thought paypal would help me if I suspected fraud.  They did not.  Google said my paypal account was hijacked.  What is the point of paypal?  I will close my account as soon as I get my refund.  If you have a strange Googleplay charge, call google.  Paypal is no help.

Login to Me Too
20 REPLIES 20

helpfulhero
Contributor
Contributor

Even if PayPal is 'unable to help', calling is very important when you suspect fraud on your account. PayPal always documents (and often records) when you call, and having a report of fraud on your account as early as possible will only help your case in the future as you work through dealing with the situation.

Login to Me Too

belz2000
New Community Member

I was also hit by fake "google" purchases. Paypal have not helped - they said the purchases were from a 'previously set up billing agreement' which is not true at all. They then "closed the case". It's very frustrating as I have provided them with all the evidence! Any ideas that might help me get a refund for all the transactions?

There were multiple transactions like this - so far Paypal have not helped at all:

Seller's Name: Google
Seller's Email: <removed>
Seller's Transaction ID: 66139581TU825024P

Transaction Date: 4 Jun 2017
Transaction Amount: -0.79 GBP
Invoice ID: GB00GZANG9
Your Transaction ID: 1GJ2067648613824C
Case Number: PP-005-870-601-826

Buyer's Transaction ID: 1GJ2067648613824C

Login to Me Too

qteepiec
Contributor
Contributor
I too have been a victim of this. What did PayPal ended doing to help you?
Login to Me Too

Fairyxana
Contributor
Contributor

This also has happen to me 

Nombre del vendedor: Google Payment Corporation
Correo electrónico del vendedor: <removed>
Id. de transacción del vendedor: 44F78740L5705521Y

Login to Me Too

grupoorishas
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same problem.  The funny thing is, I don't have a google play account, they don't have my paypal info or credit card info.  I know this because I contacted them first.  This came from within the Paypal system.  I thought it was safe.

Login to Me Too

NOPE_

Same problem. Just received an email about an hour ago and logged into my Paypal account to file a dispute and cancel the auto enrollment (which apparently was set up in May of 2016). Today's charge was 9.99 for a total of 34.94 that has apparently been taken from me without my knowledge until just now. Actual authorized payments in my Paypal account (rare) state exactly who they're going to, whether that be a service or a friend. This one doesn't say what it's for. Plot twist: my Paypal uses a different email address from my actual Google Account and isn't connected to it in any way. So what is the deal, here? Why am I able to Google similar cases with no resolution noted? 

Login to Me Too

Macademia28

Same here. After I saw this thread, I checked the account for the billing agreement and found it was set up in Feb.2016. I have apparently been billed 7.98 so far. I only found out about this because I just got billed 3.99 from "Google Play" but there was no purchase history in my google play account. 

The sellers email was the same with the one mentioned in somebody else's reply(dispute_wallet_uk). Looking at all the reply here, it seems unlikely I get refund. I don't know why Paypal do not ban the seller after all these complaint have been made. 

Login to Me Too

Shecat
Contributor
Contributor

I have been dealing with this issue for over a week. I first noticed money leaving my bank account to paypal. I opened a dispute for 4 separate charges, Paypal closed the dispute with out a word 2 days later. The payments from google play say they are pre authorized. I checked paypal, google is not listed. There for NOT authorized. So paypal let unauthorized payments go through. I then went to my google account, i have not logged into in some time and i dont even have anything set up there to make payments. Paypal has fraudulently stolen from me and closed the case. Where do i go from here? I am starting to wonder if paypal might be part of this scam. I am actually thinking of contacting Authorities. Paypal has **bleep** me out of art of my rent money.

Login to Me Too

grupoorishas
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal finished their investigation and said that the charges were legit, even thouhg I don't have a Googleplay account or never bought anything from them before.  They said they couldn't do anything about it.

So I contacted Googleplay, and after a 2 day investigation they said it was in fact fraudalent.  Basically someone gained access to my account and used my account via Paypal.  I don't share my account information with anyone.  So beware, Paypal is not as safe at it seems, it can be breached at any time and people have access to your money.

I'm disputing this with my bank as well.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.