Fake Google / Unauthorized Charges

temp20180406
New Community Member

PayPal is ignoring fraudulent charges marked Googleplay.  Google's website says their charges will appear with the GOOGLE in all caps and with the name of the app or whatever the charge is for. The paypal rep said this was not true.   I told the paypal rep I suspected this charge was fraud.  Paypal would not tell me what the charge was for, they just said I had to contact google.  Not helpful at all.  I thought paypal would help me if I suspected fraud.  They did not.  Google said my paypal account was hijacked.  What is the point of paypal?  I will close my account as soon as I get my refund.  If you have a strange Googleplay charge, call google.  Paypal is no help.

Login to Me Too
20 REPLIES 20

Yaya1nycnj
Contributor
Contributor
Too many unauthorized charges and PayPal said they can't be unauthorized charges because of a billing agreement I had no knowledge of I'm **bleep** about it now I'm putting it in as service not rendered because PayPal said that might be the only way to get my money back
Login to Me Too

Jrachelle
Contributor
Contributor
I also have been a victim of these charges. Im out $50 now. Everymonth for 5 Months they've charged me $9.99 even tho every month I've canceled the pre approved payments it says I set up. I was still being charge . It weird Bcuz when I look at my PayPal purchase history for 2 or the Google charges it says I was charged $1 and then it says Google has refunded me that $1 but when I click on the manage pre-approved payments for these charges it says I was charged $10.99.uh I'm freaking confused on what to do Google is telling me that it's a friend or someone close to me who may have made the transaction but no thats not possible
Login to Me Too

Hpsaucey
Contributor
Contributor
So same issue. Seller: wallet disutes. Can see email and everything. Like others no pet payment agreement. Anyone got a resolution on this?
Login to Me Too

Yaya1nycnj
Contributor
Contributor
Other than charge back through bank nope
Login to Me Too

adrianagrande

Did you receive the refund from these charges? I'm wandering because this is what Paypal told me would happen.

@unhappywithpp wrote:

PayPal is ignoring fraudulent charges marked Googleplay.  Google's website says their charges will appear with the GOOGLE in all caps and with the name of the app or whatever the charge is for. The paypal rep said this was not true.   I told the paypal rep I suspected this charge was fraud.  Paypal would not tell me what the charge was for, they just said I had to contact google.  Not helpful at all.  I thought paypal would help me if I suspected fraud.  They did not.  Google said my paypal account was hijacked.  What is the point of paypal?  I will close my account as soon as I get my refund.  If you have a strange Googleplay charge, call google.  Paypal is no help.

Login to Me Too

JaYmZzz
New Community Member

Found out it happens to me now as well. Will look how PayPal reacts but I suspect the result will be the same. In this case I'll close my PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Jrachelle
Contributor
Contributor
Take this issue up with your bank or card holder. Claim unauthorized charges were made to your account and they will refund u a lot quicker then PayPal or Google will.everytime I filed a dispute with PayPal i got the same result and my disputes were closed and not found in my favor. I finally filed unauthorized charges with my cardholder on every charge that was made by PayPal Google and finally got good results.wasnt until after I did that then paypal reopened my disputes and claimed they had made a mistake and found in my favor of unauthorized charges.
Login to Me Too

muelmanu
Contributor
Contributor

I have a similar case. The address used by the scammer is <removed>

So it uses google-wallet which is only available in america.

PayPal said I should contact google since it is not their problem and they cannot do anything.

google confirmed after a phonecall that I did not make that payments via the play-store.

So somebody is drawing money from my account. I have to find out how and why.

Login to Me Too

muelmanu
Contributor
Contributor

After having a phone-call with the google-wallet team in USA <removed> and confirm that I did not have anything bought via playstore and phone-calling with paypal-hotline germany <removed> I got around 200,-EUR of the 334,-EUR back on my account.

So I see the 134,-EUR as a reminder for me to watch my money-transactions-closer next time.

Paypal cannot return more money then around 6-8 month back so the other money is gone.

Nobody (police, paypal, google) really cares when so "small" amounts of money get stolen. So I am happy paypal could help me with this and I got at least a big part of my money back.

They could see that the abo was made from a foreign IP which completely does not belong to mine so they could see it was not me.

I wish you all good luck with solving your issues as well.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry to hear about unauthorized activity, and the difficulty pursuing a refund for the fraud. If a case was closed erroneously, please reach out to customer support so that a second set of eyes can take a look at what happened. It sounds like it's possible that a fraudster obtained access to your account and created a subscription payment. The payments would appear at first glance to a reviewer to be legitimate, but if they look back to the date that the subscription is first created, they may be able to locate unauthorized access. You can reach customer support by Facebook, Twitter, or phone or email.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.