FAKE TRACKING INFO, PAYPAL SIDES WITH SELLER 3 TIMES!!!!

SC1986
Contributor
Contributor

I am beyond furious with the COMPLETE INCOMPETENCE on behalf of PAYPAL and their idiotic process to determine/resolve a dispute.

FACTS:

1. buy a watch for $8,000 on via PayPal.

2. seller sends me tracking info, plugged it into PayPal.

3. item arrives, not to me/not my address/signed for by different woman.

4. item was sent to a 99 cent store 2 miles from my house.

5. seller admits via email they "oops, i sent me wrong tracking" info and will send the watch in 2-3 business days.

6. 3 days later -(after PayPal released funds)- seller sends me new tracking info for watch.

7. 6 days later item is delivered. ONCE AGAIN, not to me. this time 9 miles from my house.

8. i open dispute with PayPal. I message seller via PayPal 5 times. SELLER NEVER RESPONDED ONCE.

9. i send PayPal proof of delivery from UPS showing tracking info goes to different address/different person.

10. PayPal sides with seller, saying it was "delivered".

11. I escalate dispute, providing correspondence with seller, showing they admited first tracking was WRONG, so therefore the "delivered" item was infact incorrect, proving my dispute. I also provided second PROOF OF DELIVERY for the second tracking info, once again proving it never came to me.

12. PayPal, ONCE AGAIN, sides with the SELLER! (WHAT IN THE **bleep**?!)

13. I contact my credit card company, CITIBANK. Tell them it was a scam. They ask for proof, I provide it all.

14. They circle back 2 weeks later and determine they are siding with PayPal, not me.

15. I re-open dispute with CitiBank, telling them they are wrong. I am told if I get a police report filed, they will go back to PayPal and push harder.

16. I get police report. Send to CITIBANK.

17. 3 weeks later, CITIBANK comes back to me and says they are, once again, sididng with PAYPAL and the seller. NOT ME. The reason is PAYPAL says the item was marked "delivered". (ABSOLUTELY INSANE!!!!???)

18. I re-open a dispute with CITIBANK for a third time and they are currently "investigating" further.

WHAT IN THE HELL DO I DO???? It for 8 THOUSAND DOLLARS!!

I cannot believe I am going through this. I have all the proof in the world showing this item was never sent to me, proof seller admited she sent wrong tracking, therefore nullifying the PAYPAL TRACKING info that was submitted and the SOLE reason PAYPAL is siding with seller, YET STILL!!!!!! they will not side with the facts.

HOW IS THIS LEGAL?? Can I sue PayPal? Is there any good lawyers anyone can reccommend? Is there a clas action lawsuit currently in motion that I can join? PayPal's incompetence, their complete neglegance on this, their unwilling to do the proper research and the continuted problem they have with this fake tracking scam NEEDS TO BE ENDED!!!!!

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

This is an old scam. They mail a "box" to a wrong address on purpose, get signature and Paypal releases the  funds.

Did you send a copy of the Police report to Paypal.

Are your local Police contacting the selers local PD to have them investigate.Also how was it mailed USPS, UPS of FedEx.

File a arport with the USPS Investigator.

Login to Me Too

SC1986
Contributor
Contributor

I cannot believe PAYPAL cannot fix this? They need to demand proof of address seller ships item to! If this is such an old scam- PAYPAL NEEDS TO FIX THIS!

My credit card company sent Police report to PayPal apparently. I cannot reopen my dispute apparently. I've tried too many times.

They shipped using UPS. I have no idea where the shipper is from.

First time, the item came from Mayflower Distribution Co.

Second time, the item came from Tampa FL.

This leads me to beleive its stolen tracking information.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

tHIS IS AN OLD TRICK,send some thing to a place where it is open for busienss and someone will be there to sign in your zipcode,a restaurant,mail staion/t mobile,hospital etc.

I am shocked that you will buy something for 8k from some online outfit?

must be one hell of a bargain.

UPS should have record where it was delivered,you said it is UPS,not USPS,so there must be an address,and it should be your address.

if you search this forum,there is a case where buyer claimed non delivery and the seller provided trcking and signature confirmation,unfortunately the signature confirmation has no address and she lost.

Paypal is getting more sophisticated now,signature confirmation has to bear the address of the addressee.

but thats USPS.

In your case,call UPS

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

WHERE DID YOU BUY THE ITEM?

Login to Me Too

SC1986
Contributor
Contributor

I bid on a watch on eBay. I lost the bid. The seller than contacted me afterwards saying the winner was backing out so if I still wanted the item I could just buy directly from her via PAYPAL. I thought this was legit because I would be PROTECTED with the PAYPAL BUYER PROTECTION PROGRAM.

BUT I WAS WRONG.

I FEEL LIKE MY ONLY COURSE OF ACTION IS TO SUE PAYPAL for gross neglagance and complete incompetance and aiding and abbeting a crime.

Login to Me Too

SC1986
Contributor
Contributor

I called UPS. I got PROOF OF DELIVERY for both tracking information they provied.

Both addresses were not mine. I gave this PROOF OF DELIVERY to PayPal. I gave this PROOF OF DELIVERY to my credit card company.

BOTH COMPANIES sided with the seller. NOT ME.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@profdata wrote:

This is an old scam. They mail a "box" to a wrong address on purpose, get signature and Paypal releases the  funds.

Did you send a copy of the Police report to Paypal.

Are your local Police contacting the selers local PD to have them investigate.Also how was it mailed USPS, UPS of FedEx.

File a arport with the USPS Investigator.

Profdata,

This is an old scam and it works with USPS ,find  a store which is open for business 9-5 in her zipcode  ,always have someone in store to receive package,when they find out it has nothing inside,they just throw it away.

it could be a restaurant, tmobile mail shop,hospital in her zipcode.

But this shipment is via UPS,not USPS.

it would be intersting who is the addressee on the shipping label,usually a store open for business receive multiple packages daily and would just sign and accept any package coming in.

she also said the signature is not hers.

what makes Paypal and Citibank side with the seller.it would be interesting to see what the shipping label looks like? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.