Re: Is this a scam?

[ Edited ]

Email came from a <name removed>.

0 Kudos
jomoin Member
Kudos: 1
Accepted Solutions: 0

Mine came from a "Bent", but after some research, this is a scam.  I just copied and pasted his whole message into a Google search and found several articles where the very same language had been used in various scams on Craigs List....an attempt to steal account info, apparently.  Good luck!

iamtheelvy Member
Kudos: 2

Thanks for the advice!
jeelect New Community Member
New Community Member
Kudos: 0

[ Edited ]

I had a similar email from a gavin *removed* but since i refused have not heard from him.

0 Kudos
BlueWaters87 New Community Member
New Community Member

I received the same thing, almost word for word, from Amazon. I sent it to their "spoof" department and was told that it was definitely a scam. So sorry you got one too.

0 Kudos
dezeldog Member

[ Edited ]

Beware!  was selling an item on craig' list ...got a text from Nigeria, they wanted the item. Requested I send my email for Pay Pal pay't.  They wanted me to ship immediately. When I refused because my account had showed NO Payment...they said I needed to "ship the order, then contact Pay Pal with the tracking number and the funds would be released". When I imformed this Dupwa@2 that I would send it only once I received payment...have not had contact since..

The address to send the item was:  Wale *removed*

*removed*

Ibadan, Oyo State

Nigeria  23402

0 Kudos
bevyk Member

[ Edited ]

OMG, I  just got the EXACT email from a "Charles" in answer to my ad on Craigs List to sell our boat.

I answered with the information questioned, but was not comfortable giving the information regarding my PayPal account.  It seemed a little nebulous. He responded, "{please send paypal account information so I can pay you.) boat unseen. 

Thank God I did my due dilligence on PayPal.  This must be some sort of scam.  He pays me for the boat through PayPal, then picks up our boat/motor/trailor and themn says there is something wrong with it.   My items are gone, PayPal gets a dispute, gives him the money back.  We have no boat, and PayPal gives a refund.  How wonderful that this.

PLEASE BEWARE OF THIS.  BECAUSE IT IS THE EXACT EMAIL (wording) THAT I RECEIVED. IF  IT HAS TO BE SOME SORT OF SCAM, BUT I DONT KNOW HOW IT WORKS. :{   I'm just a person that thinks "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.  BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
N4T1V3_B34R Member

Email scam marked:

OK so I got this email just recently and im wondering if this is a part of paypal updating everyones account or if it is a scam/virus going around to people's emails. This is what it says:

Hello Customer,

Your account has been tempoary limited

We attached to this email a confirmation form to update your details .

Please download and extract it .

Submitting this form you will unlimit and restore your PayPal account .

If you are using Internet Explorer please allow ActiveX for scripts to perform all data transfers securely.

Thank You

This also gives the paypal trade mark and a downloadable zip file. Can anyone shed some light on this about weahter its real or fake please??

0 Kudos
amull21 New Community Member
New Community Member

Re: Examples of Suspected Fraud or Fake Emails

I just had this happen to me today. I was trying to sell my dads trailor and posted it on craigslist and had a guy send me  a message saying to send a 450.00 to his pick up agent and the 1,200 would be released. I thought it seemed really odd so I didnt continue you any further with this  I looked up info and found out stuff so just wanted to let everyone know  Richard ***  is what the person name that he is going by now  so be on the look out

0 Kudos
madwife455 New Community Member
New Community Member

Re: Examples of Suspected Fraud or Fake Emails

Alright i understand,but i just want to let you know that i can't bring cash to you cos am currently on the sea due to the nature of my job,and am only paying through PayPal cos they are very fast and secure and it's one of the best means of transacting online, even in a situation like this where the seller is in some distance away from the buyer they will make every thing work fine and fast. it will be also use full for you in some other activities,so send me your PayPal email address for instant payment....

This is the response my husband got from someone right after my husband listed soemthing for sale on Craig's List. Yeah, right.
0 Kudos