Etsy transaction issue

80sLady
Contributor
Contributor
I purchased a pendant for my SO on Etsy. I wanted it to be what he wanted, so I paid via PayPal, through his Etsy acct. Item never came (from India to US). My bf started requesting money back, after numerous Etsy messages with seller stating that it was "reshipped", and never came. I opened a PayPal case, sending two messages to seller. No response to PayPal, or in Etsy. Now, I have escalated the claim 5 days ago, we finally get a response, through Etsy. Asking why I escalate when he said he'd give me a full refund(didn't happen), and to CLOSE my Paypal case, and send him a MONEY REQUEST, on another PayPal I.D. He claims that the account I paid into has no funds 😒 I have no plans to cancel my escalation. Any one else have this? It's going to tick me off if I don't get my money back.
Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It can happen where a sneaky seller asks an uneducated PayPal buyer to close a case so that the seller has no obligation to refund.

DO NOT CLOSE the PayPal Dispute.

As long as you filed a non-receipt dispute you should be OK as long as there is no delivery tracking number.

It would have been better for your son, however, to file an ETSY dispute first and try to resolve the issue there.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

just escalate to get Paypal review,if he cant come up with a tracking number showing it has delivered from India to USA,he loses.

and you will get your payment back.

It does not matter whether his paypal account is empty,you qualify for buyer protection,Paypal will give you money and go after him.

Login to Me Too

80sLady
Contributor
Contributor
We are down to 4 days for a seller response in Paypal. We escalated on Etsy 3 days ago. We get a message from seller, again only on Etsy. Says that we "misunderstood him", yet still insists that we close the PayPal case, and request us to do a money request to the email he provided. What worries me, after some digging, is that PayPal Buyer Protection, doesn't cover " Custom-made Items Not Received ". This is a handmade pendant. $120 is not a lot of money, but I don't want to just throw it away. It was supposed to be my Honey's Christmas gift. Bah Humbug.
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I believe PayPal will cover custom NOT RECEIVED; PayPal will not cover custom not as described.

Not received has nothing to do with custom so it is covered.

Login to Me Too

80sLady
Contributor
Contributor
"What’s not covered with PayPal Purchase Protection Real estate Motorized vehicles Custom-made goods that aren’t received Industrial machinery Prepaid cards Items that violate our policies"...
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

see if you can file with Etsy.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

better,if you have used a credit card,file chargeback with the cc issuer,if he loses,he has to pay $20 penalty fee.

Credit card issuers do not care if the item is custom made or not custioms made

Login to Me Too

80sLady
Contributor
Contributor
My PayPal is funded with my checking account. This came out back on 11/23, I'm ready for it back, lol.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

etsy has its own buyer and seller protection,check it out.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.