Escalating to Claim Status Difficult

ge0ld0re
New Community Member

I had a dispute with an online provider of a useless service last year which was resolved by PayPal returning my money. I wrongly assumed the provider would terminate "service," especially since there seemed no obvious way to terminate the 'service.' Instead, they billed me again this year, a higher amount. PayPal claims I approved the billing! NOTHING changed between me and the provider in the interval; in fact, I've found it nearly impossible to extricate myself from this leach. I asked him to return my money but he said once I had opened a claim with PayPal, it was out of his hands. AND though he has acknowledged a separation between us, I am still receiving his useless product! The Resolution Center says make contact by phone; and the phone tree eventually gets to advising to go online to the Resolution Center!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

is it set up as recurrning payment?

if so,you need to cancel it,go t o your account and do it

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi ge0ld0re,

I'm sorry to hear about the unauthorized charge. 😞 I'll provide any information I can to help. You can cancel a billing agreement using the steps listed here. If you're still unable to file a case, try using the steps listed here.

I hope this helps! Have a great rest of your day.

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.