Ebay buyer opened an item not as described case

flint74
Contributor
Contributor

Within 15 minutes of being notified by buyer of a problem I offered full refund with reimbursement of buyers shipping charge to return item. Buyer has chosen to ignore my offer as well as a second offer of full refund in closing I asked "What do you want?". Buyer never opened a eBay case. He did ask me to contact him outside of eBay. Which I've refused to do. Therefore, I'm convinced that what the buyer wants is to keep the merchandise and money. When I issue a refund through PayPal is there any effort made to suggest to buyer that they should return the merchandise? Or is the buyer shown the same statement I have seen which in summary states that they don't have to return it? If the latter is correct why does PayPal enable/facilitate theft?  This issue is of particular importance to me as I am, at this time, a PayPal stockholder.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@flint74

If the buyer has opened a Paypal dispute and not an Ebay dispute then 'normally' if Paypal finds in favour of the buyer then you have to refund BUT the buyer has to return the item back to you trackable at their own expense before you have to refund.

Can't 100% guarantee that but personally as your buyer appears to be less than cooperative I would play a 'wait and see' game but make sure you put a comment on the dispute to say that you have offered a full refund on return of goods.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.