Ebay account compromised which Ebay acknowledges but Paypal keeps declining the fraud claim

vedanup
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All. I am in a desperate situation. Been a Paypal user since 8 years and never had a problem. But recently I had to contact ebay customer support to inquire about some fees that they charged me for selling something on it (it was my first sale). The Ebay agent I spoke to was very rude. Then after 2 days I get an email from Ebay saying that they think my account would be compromised and hence they are changing my answers to secret  questions as well as my password. Then immediately I saw fraudulent transaction in the amount of almost $2000 on my ebay account. My payment method on Ebay was Paypal. I tried contacting Ebay immediately to which they said that I need to reach out to Paypal as they are the ones who handle payment claims. They also assured me not to worry as they acknowledge that these transactions are fraudulent. I tried calling Paypal and was on hold for 4 hours but never got to speak to anyone. Then I opened a dispute on their resolution center about the transactions explaining them that these are fraudulent transactions and Ebay knows about it. After 2 days I get a reply saying they did their investigations and denied the claim. I was like WTF. I tried calling them again and this time I was on hold for 9 hours 23 mins and still no one picked up the call. I reached out to AskPaypal on Twitter and one guy named Rich told me that he will reopen the case and it looks like they made a mistake. Again after 2 days I get an email that they denied the claim. I mean what is going on? I am down almost 2k with no fault of mine. What should I do in this case? Shall I file a complain with BBB? I am getting no help from Paypal.Paypal.pngEbay.pngClaim denied.pngPP Claim.png

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.