Double payment

Earthmover001
New Community Member

Yesterday I made a payment of $200.00 then on the next day I noticed another payment had been made also of $121.58.  I could not find anywhere of an automatic payment set up and I am baffled on how this payment was made.  I sent PayPal an email but their offices are closed today. I just do not want to over pay each month and put myself in a pinch money wise..Any ideas??

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Earthmover001

Did you have funds in your paypal account balance at the time you made the transaction?

If so could it be that they used those funds and then the rest came from your bank account and matched that payment?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Earthmover001
New Community Member

No I did not. It looks more like a payment I made previously a month ago. That is why I am wondering if it is an automatic payment?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Drew

Hi @Earthmover001

Overpaying each month when not intentional would be a bummer. If there is a subscription set up on your account, here is where you would cancel it: https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/how-do-i-cancel-a-subscription-faq577?app=searchAutoCompl.... If you don't show it on this page, there are two links at the top of the box that you can click on to make sure they don't appear there either. 

- Drew

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.