Does PayPal pay you if your customer doesn’t?

Mtoro123
Contributor
Contributor
Long story short, I sold a computer on EBay. While my payment was pending, I looked on PayPal’s website to see why it was not processing. It stated that because I was a new seller, the buyer had to confirm delivery and 3-5 days later, I would have my payment. I shipped it out, included the tracking number and then the payment got cancelled. The buyer does not want to keep it so he sent it back to the business that he bought it through (which is where I ended up sending it and did not know it was a business). They are trying to make me pay the shipping cost which is astronomically high because it was shipped to Florida and they shipped it to Honduras. They will not ship it back and the custome will not pay because he is not keeping it. I am wondering if PayPal has a seller guarantee through eBay because I followed what it said on their website and I’m out of both money and my merchandise. Thanks.
Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

not clear what you are trying to tell us.

you sold an item on Ebay to someone in Honduras .it was shipped to Florida and the outfit shipped to him in Hondura,but he refused the shipment(there must be customs duty and he refused to pay?)

how did the payment get cancelled?

if his shipping address given by Paypal and Ebay is florida and you have tracking showing you have shipped to that address,you should be covered.did he open a case on Paypal?

if so,what kind of case,did you respond?

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

so the buyer returned the item to Florida ,and the florida outfit wants you to pay shipping back to you so you can have it back?

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Was the payment actually completed in PayPal?  Did PayPal indicate OK to ship on the transaction detail page?  Or, was the payment pending with instructions to not ship until completed?

The buyer can't cancel a payment so your comments don't make sense.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@DPCreations

if you read her post,she never say buyer opens a case.

what it sounds like is that payment was canceled ,because PAYPAL has not been able to collect the money from the buyer.

The buyer could have not enough fund in his bank account and his credit card is no good,so Paypal just cancelled the payment,there are cases like this popping up last year.

and when the shipment arrives,Honduras customs office wants him to pay customs duty,and he does not want to or he does not think it is worth it,so it comes back to this business in Florida.

This mail forwarding business is not going to pay for returning it to her as it is heavy?

so she is asking if Paypal would do something>

No,Paypal would not.

She has t o decide if she wants it back,she has to pay return shipping OR if the mail forwarding business is honest,try to resell it and have them ship to the next buyer,hopefully it is a domestic buyer. 

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@Whac-A-Mole

That's why my post had questions asking for an explanation and stating that her post didn't make sense.

It may not even be a PayPal issue if the payment was never completed.

Seller needs to describe accurately.  I'm not going to guess about customs or other transportation status.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

she is not clear whether her payment is pending because PAYPAL has not collected the payment yet OR it has been collected but  is being withheld due to her being a new Ebay seller?

and what does the Paypal email to her said?

did it say ship now ?

there is a difference between 'pending' and 'withheld'?

Pending means Paypal has not received the $$ yet,if the buyer is in Honduras,it could take time to collect that money?

if so,then she should wait.

anyway,the PC is back in USA,her gripe is that she has t o pay for return shipping.

I still say try talking to this outfit in Florida and relist the item fast and ask them to ship it once sold,price it to sell. 

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

MAY BE RELISTING without seeing it first is not a good idea.

what if it is no longer as described,then your new buyer will file dispute and you could end up paying for the PC shipped back to you or just junk it.

may be list it under parts and salvage,EBay has a category for that,and it is understand the item is not working .

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.