being reopened and decided in the merchant's favor. I wasn't
allowed to upload or send evidence directly to the case, I just
used an email address provided by phone upon call. Every single
time the case is reopened, it's on account of me saying that I
can prove the item was already broken. Every. Single. Time. Implying
they don't have my claim/evidence on record or that they never
knew/realize I emailed the evidence. None of the evidence I
emailed proving it was already defective was added to the case
(which included video evidence uploaded through google drive).
I did go ahead and filed a chargeback with the bank, USING THE
SAME EVIDENCE, and they went ahead and reversed a transaction
for the same amount, but since it was funded using PayPal
credit, PayPal just readded the amount to the balance with
interest. I called with respect to that and was told by the
representative that the call was being recorded... What would
be the need to repeat what was already said by the automated
phone portal voice thing? I'm being treated like a criminal. This is driving me nuts. I've been
fighting this case since October. I have recieved the generic
reply explaining how to upload info, but the case never requests
for any of my info and the other option it describes leads to no
upload form and assumes I'm trying to change my name instead.
Despite the claim that "To help protect your information, we
don’t accept files that are sent as email attachments.", 3
random images I sent have been uploaded and reuploaded many many times by the
staff, just nothing that could prove that the item was broken.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Then open a complaint with BBB.  They can forward your complaint to PayPal Credit's Executive Escalations Team for response.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

I would have followed their dispute procedure to file via mail.  They have a nice claim form and you can add all the evidence you want, put in envelope and certify mail it.

Login to Me Too

Rurik
Contributor
Contributor

So I could just send the video/image evidence on say like a flash drive or disc? And should that also fail and they still don't get the evidence? It's annoying to have to lose out on additional money in addition to the pending shipping cost to send the item back should PayPal get my evidence.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

There is no guarantee of the outcome but at least you are able to send whatever evidence you have at your discretion that may make a difference instead of being blocked from or having issues with submitting it online.  It's up to you.  Just putting it out there that there are other ways to file.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Perhaps reach out to them with the info here:

https://www.billmelater.com/contact/index.xhtml

Good luck.

Login to Me Too

Rurik
Contributor
Contributor

"

Thank you for contacting PayPal. Unfortunately, we do not open and use video evidence to support your claim. Once a decision or an update is made to your claim we will notify you if we need more information from you.

"

"

Thank you for contacting PayPal Customer Support. Unfortunately this case cannot be appealed and further correspondence concerning this case will not receive a response.

"

Well, I'll just go ahead and file a lawsuit. I hope this thread makes people think twice about using PayPal credit. Had I funded it using my bank, the complaint through them would have been the end of it. Note that they waited until now to say that they don't check video evidence.  They alternated between 3 or more different versions as to why the case was decided in the merchant's favor. The evidence had been sent to more than 4 different paypal email addresses (trying to include them here gave the error, "The message body contains [...] which is not permitted in this community. Please remove this content before sending your post."). They also tried to do something to me by contacting my bank. What they tried to do hasn't been disclosed.

Login to Me Too
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Then open a complaint with BBB.  They can forward your complaint to PayPal Credit's Executive Escalations Team for response.

Login to Me Too

Rurik
Contributor
Contributor

Until now, I knew nothing about jurisdiction, so I had to go with the BBB. Filing against Paypal Credit was useless, as they don't handle disputes, which unnecessarily delayed things. I got my money back on January 4th when I filed against PayPal HQ in California. However, I was  called and told that after researching the case, that the statement used to deny the case was debunked, but then the response to the BBB said otherwise, implying that it was out of courtesy that I was given a refund. I was confused and feared that replying with "no" would mean losing my refund, so I put off responding assuming I had a month. I had only 10 days to reply, so it was closed assuming it was resolved. Adding further to the confusion, around the same time of the call, I was told by email that details that were taken from the BBB complaint were forwaded to the original PayPal case, but it was not reopened. An email asking for clarification received no response. On a side note, replies to both BBB complaints only came after I complained to the IC3, the first of which (against PayPal Credit) went unanswered for like 24 days.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

PayPal makes it very clear in seller protection policies that ONLINE proof of shipping and delivery is required; that is online information provided by the shipping company (e. g. USPS.com).

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

what is the item that you keep appealing and lost?

Paypal customer service does not wathc movie or video,sending documents on a disk is not going to help you.

make paper copies of the video photo is better,but it does not look like you are going to win,they have t old you it is final and they will not respond . 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.