Disgruntled customer accusing me of illegaly entering his CC information via paypal.

mr81
New Community Member

I have this customer who placed a custom order with me. As such, I sent him a paypal invoice, which he paid via CC. Somehow, he failed to update his shipping info and his product was shipped to his old address 😕

Now, this guy has successfully ordered product from me before, and because of this, he's laying the blame on me, saying that I should have know the address was incorrect, and blah blah blah. When I informed him that I have to ship to whatever address he confirmed with paypal, he lost it, saying that he doesn't deal with paypal, and that he paid via CC not paypal. I don't know if he understands that Paypal processes CC transactions or not, but he's convinced that I took his CC information from a previous transaction, somehow logged into his paypal account and entered said info illegally.

I was willing to work with him to figure something out until he started throwing accusations of illegal activity. After hearing and reading a slew of verbal abuse, I came to the conclusion that he does not want to resolve this issue, and there's no way to difuse this customer. He's threatening to reverse the CC charges

I shipped the product via Canada Post with tracking and sig required... It's currently sitting at a post office waiting to be picked up. As far as I can tell, I have done everything by the book.

My question is, how much of a threat is it to have CC transactions reversed, as this order was for a tidy sum by my standards

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

are you both in Canada?

Paypal seller protection applies to item eligible and shipped and delivered t o the buyer address.

look up the transaction to see if it is eligible for protection as Paypal does not cover customs order.

then it is sitting in post office,so tracking shows not delivered.

I would ask the post office to return the itemback to you,at least you will have the item back,if he wants it,he can ask you to reship/

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.