Disappointed with PayPal...

ACD429
Contributor
Contributor

I got scammed for $81...Thought I was purchasing an item from California and then I got tracking from seller showing item was being shipped from Germany...The item weighed 18 lb (digital recorder) and the tracking info showed first class small packet...

That was the first red flag...The Ebay seller was new, I should have known better...Seller put wrong address on package but same city as I live in...And he probably sent an empty envelope to insure it would not be returned to sender...I filed a claim and lost because PayPal says his tracking was valid and package was delivered...I went to USPS and got proof that it wasn't delivered to me and the item weighed 0 lbs and submitted it as evidence and still lost...

I tried contacting seller before I filed a claim and he would not respond...

The seller now has -2 negative feedback saying that he is a fraudulent seller...

So apparently, if you sell an item and want to scam someone, just send an empty envelope and put the wrong address on it, but same city...The only thing PayPal sees in online tracking is time, date and city of delivery...

And my evidence report from USPS clearly showed the address it was delivered to, but I don't think PayPal even looked at it...

THANKS PAYPAL !!!!!!

Sorry for writing a book... 🙂

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ACD429

If you FUNDED your paypal payment via a credit card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Failing that give paypal customer services a call and appeal it that way.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ACD429
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks kernowlass,
I did appeal it with PayPal and lost the appeal...
You better believe I will use a credit card from here on out
to make my purchases...
I can't depend on PayPal nor Ebay to have my back...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.