Declined dispute with empowr

jstar4
Contributor
Contributor

The scam site empowr sold itself as a free social sharing site, but then introduced power user fees of about $6 per month or so. Recently however the site charged me $50 for apparently no reason and I disuputed it. Then empowr canceled my account when I made a complaint on their site and when they got news of the PayPal claim. Whata coincidence because now PayPal is saying that I said I made a mistake and chose the wrong account type - and therefore the charge was not fraudulent. I think empowr used my account cacellation as a way to put leverage on me to say something to them in an email then use that against me. Long story short, what I said is not what PayPal is alleging I said.

I am not just letting $50 go for no reason. What is my next step if PayPal refuses to get this charge reversed? Do I go to my bank and demand a charge back? I have PayPal credit and use Ebay and Steam. If I decide as a result of this that I can't deal with being a PayPal customer any longer, will my Ebay and Steam experience suffer?

Fact is, I got scammed by empowr. I can let their ridiculous monthly fees go but I am not going to let that one time random charge go.

Thanks!

Not standing down 

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17

ocean07sg
Contributor
Contributor
I also have $25 deducted from my paypal account by empowr without my authorization, they are such a scam. They do not reply email or make any attempts to refund. It is such a disappointment that nothing has been done to them.I still want my refund.
Login to Me Too

Outreach
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Ocean,

We're sorry to hear of your poor experience, and per our no questions asked refund policy, would like to get the $25 charge you made returned to you as soon as possible.

Could you please provide your paypal email address associated to your empowr account and we will process that for you immediately.

Thank you for your patience, and we apologize for any inconvenience.

Login to Me Too

ocean07sg
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for reaching out to me. I have send paypal email to <removed> I will update the status of refund over here for the benefit of paypal community. Thank you.

Login to Me Too

ocean07sg
Contributor
Contributor
I am also very curious do empowr have the intention to do more than just refunding the amount they take without my authorization? This incident caused me so much time wasted and emotional destress and that i lost faith in them completely. I do hope there is an excellent resolution as a sincere form of apology being made and not just simply words of apologies and basic refund. Thank you.
Login to Me Too

Outreach
Contributor
Contributor

Ocean,

I'm unfortunately not seeing any email from you in our support queue.

Are you able to simply post your empowr profile URL here so that I can find your account quickly and refund? I believe you can edit your post to remove your profile URL later if you don't wish it to be public.

You can also try to email us at <removed>

Thank you.

Login to Me Too

ocean07sg
Contributor
Contributor

This is the url link.

http://profile.empowr.com/Profile/NewCustomProfile.aspx?u=859e5943f9bb4f60a6607e68ff3b734c

i will by emailing my paypal email address to the email you provided as well.

Login to Me Too

Outreach
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you - your $25 payment has now been refunded and your payment source has been disassociated from your empowr account. 

All the best!

Login to Me Too

Sima3
Contributor
Contributor

Hi after 3 months empowr don't give my money back 

I charged 30 $ someone help me 

Here it's the empowr account http://profile.empowr.com/Profile/NewCustomProfile.aspx?u=c83d7c20c4ce4827a77a5a5190697aee

And here my bank account and paypal with the charge:

2018-02-13 (1).png2018-02-13 (2).png2018-02-13.pngInked2018-02-13_LI.jpg

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.