Data my card was stolen and was made the payment through paypal.

Godmangomel
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, friends!
My credit card information was stolen. Then I discovered that my account lost all the money - 250$. The Bank statement shows that the thief spent it on the purchase through PayPal. Will I be able to return the stolen money?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Godmangomel,

I'm so sorry to hear that your card number was stolen! If you have not done so already, there are a couple of things you'll want to do. If you contact PayPal by phone, a representative can search for the unauthorized transaction using the card number, and initiate an investigation. You will also want to let the card company know that the card has been stolen, so the card can be canceled and a new card issued with a different number.

To reach PayPal by phone, click Help & Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page, then Contact Customer Service, then Call us.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.