Damaged goods returned to seller, no refund

Tahoe
New Community Member

I recieved goods I had custom made, and it was damaged in shipment and was not made to my specifications. The seller agreed that I should return it and he would submit a claim to USPS for the damage. 3 weeks later, no refund and no communication. This is a business that has had raving reviews, but he has been very laxidazical with me and even suggested I try and fix the damage and make corrections that he should done correctly to begin with. I made 2 payment, one was over 45 days ago and the second only 30 days ago. Will filing a claim with PayPal give me any leverage?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You can of course try but there is no buyer protection on paypal for custom made items.

You can buy them but at your own risk.

That does not mean you can't file a dispute and paypal will contact the seller and they may refund voluntarily.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You can of course try but there is no buyer protection on paypal for custom made items.

You can buy them but at your own risk.

That does not mean you can't file a dispute and paypal will contact the seller and they may refund voluntarily.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.