Customer harassing

Lynette17
New Community Member

Customer purchased several items of jewelry from me at different times on my Facebook selling page. Notifies me weeks later that some of the items are damaged and broken. I requested that she send me photos of the items so I can refund her. She never sends the photos and keeps harassing me about the refund, even calls my cell phone,emailsme and leave threading messages. So I sent her a refund on the last batch items she bought from me, but she demands I refund her on every item she has nought from over the last 3 months. I told her to return all the items and I will refund her. She refuses do it. Now she is  saying she is going to open a Pay Pal dispute against me. What should I do?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You are likely in a no win situation.

Selling on Facebook is risky.

Not much you can do to salvage the situation.

In retrospect, a phone call to a buyer can go a long way to resolve a product issue.  Getting into email and phone messages will only make the problem worse as it all goes down hill fast.  As a seller you need to develop good phone customer relations skills.

You also need understand that buyers have a lot of different methods to get refunds so an early resolution willl generally be less costly.

This situation will be costly.  

You do have options.

Full refund without return.  Why would you want to have defective items returned?  If you did want defective items returned, the postage would be your responsibility.

If you wait for the dispute with a credit card the buyer will likely keep the items, get a full refund, and you will have a $20 chargeback fee for each transaction.

It's just business; keep it that way.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.