Crypto currency

RDH2012
Contributor
Contributor

I receive U.S.D  and sent the buyer crypto currency through Blockchain.  Months later, the buyer filed a charge back with her bank.  I have emails thanking me for the currency.  What do I do? 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @RDH2012,

I'm sorry to hear that there was an issue with a dispute or chargeback on your sale. To read about our seller protection, please click here.

Please note a couple of things. While we will do our best to investigate internal disputes of non-delivery using whatever information the seller can provide, the guarantee of seller protection has limits, including the fact that it is not applicable to virtual or intangible items. Sellers undertake sales of intangible goods at their own risk. In external chargebacks and claims of unauthorized activity that are found to be valid, the seller will be held responsible for the refund given to the buyer.

Additionally, it's important to note that sales of any currency are not allowed through PayPal. Selling cryptocurrency is not only risky for reasons of possible fraud, but it can also lead to account limitation for violation of the Acceptable Use Policy.

The best action to take right now is to supply any information the dispute or chargeback prompts you to supply. There is always a chance that things will go your way if the buyer misses a deadline for information or cancels the claim. Please be prepared for the probability that the funds will not be recovered, however.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.