Concern for a complaint in the aftermath will hold back my payment

TorbjornHK
New Community Member

I'm selling some furniture through FINN.no, the Norwegain craigslist equivalent.

With the payment through PayPal, I'm concerned that the buyer will claim that something is wrong with the furniture and refuse payment. 

What kind of security do I have in these cases? Will buyers get an automatic refund, if they claim something's wrong and we for example only had a personal hand off of the furniture?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

When accepting PayPal for payment of a local pickup item, the buyer will collect the furniture and all lookss good.  Then, as seller drives away the seller files a dispute for item not delivered.   Seller has no online tracking to show delivery.  Buyer gets refund and keeps the furniture.

Let the buyer now you will ONLY ACCEPT CASH at time of pickup and the scamming buyer will disappear. 

Check out PayPal policies for seller protection: https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full#seller-protection

There are so many risks to the seller for PayPal payments for local pickup.  THERE IS NO SELLER PROTECTION.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

if buyer claims something is wrong with the furniture,then it is a case of item not as described,he would have to return the furniture with trackling to get a full refund,he will pay return shipping.

if the buyer claims he never get the furniture,then it is a case of item not received,then you will lose,as you cannot prove delivery with online tracking showing it has been delivered.

some seller will follow up with a small package with tracking ,say a thank younote,if$750 or more payment,then signature is required as well as tracking.

but most local pickup should be conducted in non credit card payment.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.