Completely False Dispute - Closed In Their Favor?

greatfrito
Contributor
Contributor

I'm kind of at a loss here of what to do, and incredibly frustrated with this process.

On March 1, a buyer put in a dispute for a purchase, and immediately escalated it to a claim.

The purchase was for event tickets (at the event - it was a convention), hand delivered, exactly 179 days ago.

I was unable to respond through the website for some reason, so contacted customer service, made a statement, and emailed what I had to the address they provided.

The next day I was able to actually post information to the dispute claim on the site, and did so.

Two days later, the claim has closed in the buyer's favor.

The problem I'm having is that the buyer's actual dispute of the purchase... is completely false (or maybe confused with someone else?), including conversations that never happened, and "proof" of my failure to deliver that absolutely cannot exist (they are claiming an emailed access code, essentially, which I... don't even know what that is).  Their comments aren't even for the correct items!  (and the buyer put a description of the items on the original payment).

I honestly don't even know what I'm supposed to do here.  I provided evidence of ALL of our communications (all text messages - no emails, like the buyer appears to be claiming), which should line up exactly with the time of the transfer (though the transfer isn't timestamped - I assume Paypal can check that?).

I don't know how I'm supposed to prove receipt of items that I've never seen, in a manner I've never used.

Help?

Edit: After digging through the PayPal Buyer Protection Policy, our transaction isn't even eligible!
"Purchases of most goods and services are eligible (including travel tickets, intangible items such as rights of access to digital content and other licenses), except for the following transactions: [..] Purchases of items which you collect in person or arrange to be collected on your behalf (including at a retail point of sale) and which you claim to be INR."

My problem appears to be that Buyer is claiming that the items were something completely different (and delivered digitally).  How on earth do I deal with that?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

William9
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
To have seller protection, you must have tracking code which shows "Delivered" and if the item is valued atleast 750USD it needs to be shipped with signature confirmation. It is good to also store shipping documents to show that you shipped to that exact address, if chargeback comes you need those documents. If he picked up the item, there is no tracking code and therefore no proof in PayPal's eyes. PayPal should only be used when the item is physical and shipped with tracking code or if you sell low value items and are willing to take risk, you can ship without tracking. In that case if buyer wants free item he can just claim item not received and get to keep the item and also have his money back.
Login to Me Too

greatfrito
Contributor
Contributor

So the solution is "Life sucks, delete your account"?

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

No,the solution is LOOK BEFORE YOU LEAP,know your seller protection before you sell and accept Paypal payment.

Digital goods,virtual goods,real estate,customs order,automobile ,financial instruments do not qualify for seller protection.

also services provided,like IT work,haircut,massage,legal,worse,renting a condo / 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.