Completed work but still client did dispute after 2 months

mital9
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I am providing software consulting for Mobile and Web Development.

I worked for one client before 2 months ago.

I completed work on time and client is satisfied and paid the amount on PayPal invoice.

But after 2 months later, Client dispute amount and give some reason so Paypal holds amount and asked to provide evidence.

I attached invoice copy and give justification but they refund full amount and neglect my evidence.

This type of incident happen 2 times with me and both time I completed work but still decision is not in my favor.

Please provide a solution for how to avoid this type of dispute and prove our self properly.

Thanks

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Quandary
Advisor
Advisor

Because of the type of work you're doing, the buyer or customer has the upper hand.  As you're not shipping anything tangible theres no seller protection for you.  You may want to read through the User Agreement, note the section "Ineligible items and transactions"   The other problem working against you is that buyers have 180 days from the date of their purchase to open a dispute against you.   PayPal works well for items that are physical and can be shipped.  It's really a no win situation for services and/or intangible items.

Login to Me Too

mital9
Contributor
Contributor
Can you give some solutions for that? How to avoid this and do safe payment for software consulting work ?
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

(1),send physical copies of your work with tracking,if 750 or more,signature confirmation.

but it does not stop him for filing item not as described,he can return your copies and get his money back.

(2) depends on the kind of work you performed,Paypal may decide in y our favor if it is enough proof from the work you presented that you did deliver your service,eg a website you designed is up and running.

(3) ask for a Paypal desposit,when you are ready to deliver your final product,ask him to send non credit card payment like a cashier check or wiretransfer or postal order,ask him to pay in full,and refund his Paypal deposit.

Postal order can be bought at post office and it goes to $1k per order,money order can be bought at supermarket,western union,money gram,etc   

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

if he wants your service bad enough,he would come up with the money.

if he wants to pay with credit card via paypal,tell him to get a cash advance from his cc issuer,and send you the cash

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

To avoid this type of problem do not offer to sell services and virtual items for which PayPal does not provide seller protection.

What was the specific current dispute?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.