Collection Dispute

Eddie002
Contributor
Contributor

Here is the story. A few months ago, there was a $214.99 charge on my bank account through PayPal and I didn't know what's going on. So I looked my PayPal account and it showed that there was a money transfer to another PayPal account. I filed the unauthorized transaction dispute and a few days later I received an email that told me they cannot decline this transaction. So I called PayPal and they told me I should call my bank to decline it. I did and got my money back (with a 30 bucks fee). I was so confused so I called PayPal again about the whole thing and they told me that I was all good now and they would try to figure out the whole thing. HERE IS THE MOST INTERESTING PART, I received a letter after about two months from American Coradius Internation LLC, a collection agency from New York. The letter said I owed PayPal $214.99 and need to pay that amount. It is so ridiculous that the collection agency told me I can get a deal that I only need to pay $161.25. What the heck?? Is that how PayPal works for living? I mean the collection company is only doing their job but PayPal? Seriously they need to learn how to improve both their professional skills and the customer service. It's too late call nither PayPal nor the collection company. I sent an email to PayPal and would call them tomorrow morning. Please share similar experiences if you had or leave any suggestions.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Eddie002
Contributor
Contributor

Quick update. Called PayPal just now and they built a case for me and gave a case number. They told me this case was still handled by PayPal so I didn't need to contact the collection agency so far. He let me call them back after 5 business days. I got a case number started with PT- and I don't know if I can search this case online to check the status. Now just waiting for another 5 days.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.