Closed account with dispute

viola12night
New Community Member

I had to create a new account just so I could post here with my issue, because I'm getting no help from Paypal otherwise.

We contracted computer programming work with a client. We invoiced, she paid, we did the work. She expressed no dissatisfaction and requested more.

We invoiced, she paid, we did the work. She expressed no dissatisfaction and requested more.

We invoiced, she paid, we did the work. She expressed no dissatisfaction and requested more.

We invoiced, she paid, we did the work.

After the last invoice, she suddenly started arguing with us about how our work didn't fit what she wanted. She filed disputes on ALL FOUR invoices, and immediately escalated them to claims.

That paypal account is closed. There's no way we can do anything in the Resolution Center. We've tried personally emailing the client, but of course she won't respond. All I get from Paypal are bot responses. The Customer Service number won't connect me with a real person. What am I supposed to do?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

There is no seller protection of virtual items (services) so you would likely loose any appeal.

When a buyer files a dispute the buyer and immediately (or quickly) escalate to the a claim.  This is a good tactic for a buyer to use to get the upper hand on a dispute.  If you had online tracking to show delivery the buyer could not win a non-delivery dispute.

In some cases you might win if you provide adequate information to PayPal.

Unfortunately you closed the PayPal account so that leaves you with a big problem.

Based on your chronology there were sufficient warnings that you were headed for a problem.  

If you had understood PayPal policies for seller protection you might have avoided this job, or at least cut your losses early.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.