Closed Dispute after 2 days, how to refund??

stephestv
Contributor
Contributor
I purchased some merchandise which was for preorder and was expected to be available for shipping 3-6 months after payment. Unfortunately, it has been a year and I, and the other buyers, are unable to contact the seller. I tried to file a dispute despite the disclaimer that disputes should be filed within 60 days from payment. Now, Paypal closed the dispute and it has been ten days, and no refund. What do I do? The sixty day dispute deadline definitely doesn't work for these kinds of payments! PS. I tried filing the dispute after a year since the seller popped up from nowhere telling us that she just changed the delivery date. But to no avail, no products received!
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Rich

Hello @stephestv,

Thanks for reaching out to us about your Buyer Protection Inquiry. I'm very sorry to hear that you have not received your preordered item from this merchant after a year. That is understandably frustrating. PayPal's purchase protection policy for "items not received" covers you up to 180 days or 6 months. As described on our purchase protection policy page, what’s not covered with PayPal Purchase Protection:

• Disputes filed more than 180 days after the purchase of an item not received and significantly not as described claims.

I'm afraid your best bet to dispute this charge may be contacting the merchant directly or working with your financial institution.

Here is a link to our protection policies for your consideration: https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/paypal-safety-and-security. 

I'm sorry to hear about this issue and I hope that the merchant will do the right thing. 

- PayPal_Rich

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters always point in the right direction.
- Irish Proverb
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.