Claims Department-unsatisfied customer

Ceegoode
Contributor
Contributor
I have never had a more unsatisfactory experience with PayPal. I have been using the last 3 hours to get a hold of someone to fix my issue. I was sold a fake concert ticket and have been going back and forth with my bank to file a claim. My bank told me repeatedly to file a claim with PayPal but they are arguing that I sent the payment as “friends and family” when in fact it was for goods/services. Not one person on the phone has been able to help me with this issue and I will never use PayPal again or recommend it to anyone. Can anyone help me in regards to what I can do to get my money back??
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

one way to find out is to go to the transction listing and open a dispute of item not as described.

if you are able to do so,then you are right and Paypal is wrong.

why do people go around buying tickets,fake handbags from strangers?

some even bough tires from Indonesai and moutain bike from Russia,think what does it take to return them

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7
Solved

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

one way to find out is to go to the transction listing and open a dispute of item not as described.

if you are able to do so,then you are right and Paypal is wrong.

why do people go around buying tickets,fake handbags from strangers?

some even bough tires from Indonesai and moutain bike from Russia,think what does it take to return them

Login to Me Too

VCDA1014
New Community Member

I've been on hold for 2 hours and 15 min. Paypal is the worst. They hold onto your money, and avoid you when you ask questions. It's not legal and a class action suit has been filed. There are plenty of other options out there that you can use. They won't even provide an explanation for holding onto your money.

Login to Me Too

jjsmith54
New Community Member

paypal kept my money for 21 day after my tickets were used there a joke enjoy my money you want get more looser

Login to Me Too

PaulPutnam
Contributor
Contributor
I have had similar issues. Even after over 45 minutes on hold & being tranferred, they disconnected me! I have been given the run-around for a month & a half about a dipute & a refund for merchandice I DID NOT receive. Paypal says they are there for you, but what do they actually do. They are very good at ignoring issues.
Login to Me Too

PaulPutnam
Contributor
Contributor
I like Ebay, but is there a way to buy without using Paypal! I don't want a MIDDLEMAN that is not on my side to interfere with my purchases!
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@PaulPutnam wrote:
I like Ebay, but is there a way to buy without using Paypal! I don't want a MIDDLEMAN that is not on my side to interfere with my purchases!

some sellers have their own merchant account to accept credit card,you should see it on the listing.

why is paypal denying your item not received dispute>

does the tracking show it has been delivered?

Login to Me Too

yzhu
New Community Member

I am not sure whether there will be some customer service managers to see my message below. But this is very very horrible experience I have ever met.

On Feb 7, 2018 PST I called paypal to asked one of my payment status. The agent lady named KARLA replied me or if I could use the word - sucks. She did not listen or pretend she did not understand my question firstly, then after I simplified my question, she answered the payment is received without any researching on my account, which is actually in pending status. After I insisted the money was not received, she finally confirmed the pending status. Then I pointed out the system mentioned the receiving date should be today because if transferred out on Feb 2, she explained to me there will be a bank clearing time, which I though it it too long and during the calls she even mute the line and not listen my words. This shocked me, how can a customer service people mute a customer's call when they are talking???  

I called several time to report this problem, but nobody reply me. I want to say if there is any any other choice to not use paypal. I would not use it!!! Hope the technology company can create another competitive online transferring system soon. Then as a customer would not receive such bad experience.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.