Claim status not updating, seller response deadline passed.

Briggsy
Contributor
Contributor

Long story short, bought an item (located domestically) on ebay around the end of January and paid immediately, seller never shipped item, no communication or updates from seller, opened dispute once shipping estimate date passed, three days later escalated to claim, seller given until March 4th to respond.

Seller has not responded to my knowledge, but it is afternoon March 5th and Claim status still shows waiting for response from other party...

How much time does Paypal typically take to move the status of a claim forward once the deadline for seller is passed? Is there typically a long wait for a claim to be updated and reviewed before a refund is given, and claim is closed? 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Once the deadline has passed paypal review the claim / refund / make a decision normally within 48 hours after that time.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Once the deadline has passed paypal review the claim / refund / make a decision normally within 48 hours after that time.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

cfjl
Contributor
Contributor

hi, the seller never replied to paypal and it has been days since the paypal deadline(9 0ct) after i filed the claim, the status still remains on "awaiting seller respond", is this normal?Thank

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.